Do you want to develop or discover your singing voice, hit those top notes, improve your breathing and stamina, build your confidence or just have fun in a friendly, relaxed environment?
Heather offers Singing Lessons in Mississauga!
With 6 years teaching experience and training at the University of Toronto (Opera), Randolph School for the Performing Arts (Musical Theatre) and York University (Theatre), Heather offers lessons for a wide range of skill levels and styles of music.
Heather specialises in teaching a solid, healthy technique to encourage healthy use of your voice. This means that no matter what style of music you'd like to sing, your voice can develop naturally to reach its full potential.
Heather offers Music Lessons in Mississauga to a wide range of students, from absolute beginners and school aged children to young adults preparing for University or Mature singers looking to improve and expand their vocal technique.
Clients work with Heather on:
- Royal Conservatory of Music exams Grades 1-10 and ARCT
- University Audition Preparation
- Opera/Musical Theatre/Performing Arts audition preparation.
- Chorister coaching.
- Amateur dramatic/operatic/musical theatre auditions preparation and role coaching
- Professional Role Coaching
- Recording Coaching: Lessons in preparation and warm up/coaching on the day. Also attending recording sessions to coach as needed.
- Singing/Band competitions and Festivals
- Open Mic nights
- Voice production/projection/preservation coaching for public speakers etc.
- Preparing to sing at a wedding or function
- Ear training: Those with intonation problems or who think that they might be 'tone deaf'. (This really can be improved and resolved in most cases!)
- Singing for fun! The therapeutic qualities of singing are fantastic. After the initial nerves of the first lesson subside, students find lessons great fun. The chance to have a chat, a giggle and to sing some fantastic songs in a great acoustic with live piano accompaniment can be a real highlight to your week. It can build confidence and leave you with a spring in your step!
For information on lessons and to book a free trial Music Lesson, please contact Heather.
I studied with Heather Jewson for 1.5 years. During that time we worked on both music theatre and classical repertoire. Within a few months of working with Heather, teachers my high school (Etobicoke School of the Arts) mentioned that I had made huge improvements on technique and stage presence! I felt much more confident and was able to address vocal issues more easily.
Lessons were a great balance of technical skills and repertoire. Heather always had great song suggestions and helped a lot with characterization of song. Her positive attitude made lessons always a joy to attend. would highly recommend Heather Jewson as a teacher to anyone interested in studying classical or music theatre repertoire.
R. Waxman – Music Student, University of Western Ontario
Heather’s warm positive attitude, patience and skill made learning with her a pleasure. I can’t believe how much better my singing has gotten!
M. Shaw – Aspen Festival Academy